Wednesday, March 10, 2021

Water vs. Paperwork

 I pushed my call button just now. 5:20AM.

The night guy came in.

"Whaddaya need?"
"Water please?" as I handed him the pitcher.
"You can get it yourself now," he said, meaning that I'm out of quarantine.
"I can? Where?" I asked, not knowing the secret place where ice cold water comes from. Not the cold water tap, for sure.
"I get it from the water fountain," he said.

He handed me the pitcher and left.

"Yeah, that way you wouldn't have to do a thing," I muttered.

Seriously, I have no idea what the night shift does. No meals, no meds to give. Sure, I can get my own damn water, but I am still a fall risk and unsteady. I walk with a cane.
Cane in my right hand, a pitcher of water in my left, and a butt cheek to try to work the door handle. Makes sense to me.
These places hate it when you fall. Too much paperwork. The Home hates paperwork.
Like
Comment
Share

6 comments:

  1. Do any of them really care about you and others? I feel they don't. It' just a paycheck that concerns workers these days and the many days of the past? To stay safe and alive I stay away from this type, having experiences too many times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Caddie, I feel that they do here. Of course, after hiring employees for 45 years, I believe that most people do the best they are able at their jobs. That can change if you abuse your employees, though.

      Delete
  2. Did you get my email about a week ago? I said lots.

    ReplyDelete
  3. retsetc@ .?.?.?.. check your mail for that! ha, now I have lost or "disappeared" your address - what the heck with my computer.
    give me yours again?

    ReplyDelete