Wednesday, March 10, 2021

Civil Rights for Dummies

 Whoa! Again, I'm watching the morning TV news. Again, I am amazed at American stupidity.

"I have a CIVIL RIGHT to SHOP in PUBLIC PLACES without a MASK!" declared an man.
You do not have a civil right to shop. You have a privilege to shop. Check the Bill of Rights. You also have a civil right to own a gun, yet those are regulated.
You do not shop in public places. You shop in privately owned places. Private includes individuals and corporations.
You do not have a right to not wear a mask. You have a choice. You can wear a mask to protect our communities from your germs, or you can stay home or just stay away from others. You can wear pants so we don't see your junk, not a right to be naked.
Wear a mask. Don't wear a mask. It's up to you. It is also up to us to determine where, how, and when.
"I can't breathe!" is the excuse.
I really understand that one. I also feel like I am suffocating. Of course, I am not suffocating. I imagine I am suffocating, in my alleged brain. Otherwise, the first course you would take in medical school is Mask Suffocation 101. Or an online course "Wearing a mask, gown, and other personal protective equipment: Are they really good for you?"
I look forward to the Big Pants Debate sure to follow.
Like
Comment
Share

No comments:

Post a Comment