Wednesday, March 17, 2021

I Am Not Making This Up

 I am not making this up.

During lunch, I turn on the TV "news", which today was TV "commercials". So I channel surfed. I found the fights. Not just any fights. Not boxing. Not wrestling. Oh no. I watched the hair drying fights.
These two guys, one a 122 pounder and one 240, went to a sink in an old restaurant in a strip mall. There, the referee soaked their hair. They then made their way to the ring for the fight.
The announcer announced a time limit of six minutes and sixty-four seconds. The bell went off.
The contestants circled each other. They grabbed towels hanging from the ropes. They tussled (not wrestled) each other, drying each other's hair. One grabbed a hair drying and the fight was on.
At the end, the bell rang. The referee felt each fighter's hair and declared a winner.
I turned it off. I can't drink in the home, but I must have gotten a bad batch of drugs.
I wonder what's on the internet?

2 comments:

  1. There's stupidity on the internet too, Dave. You know, I think the whole world has gone upside down crazy; I wonder if that Covid virus has anything to do with it? Again, maybe that's what happens when you hit old age. I's fully astounded when I go out in public and see what is going on. BTW, are you going to start another book - I'm hoping so.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am either done, or halfway done with book number 8. I'm at 200 pages, which is good for a YA (young adult) book. But I have another 100 to 200 pages to go to make it a grown-up book. If you've read any of my books, I'd appreciate a review on Amazon. Authors live and die on reviews.

      Speaking of old, in Second Life (a virtual world) I am building my fourrth coub. This one is targeted to seniors, and I named it "Club Coot". If you join my group, you get a tag over your head that says "Old Coot".

      Delete