Monday, July 24, 2023

Our Southern Border "Crisis"

 

I'm watching the news about the "crisis" at our southern border and Greg Abbott putting up razor wire along it. Razor wire.

I have a question for you right wingers- what exactly are you afraid of?

Don't tell me drugs, because these refugees are trying to get to border crossings.

Don't tell me welfare because they are ineligible. For five years, not one red cent.

Disease? Maybe. So vaccinate them when they arrive, and test them. I'll go along with that.

That they'll take your job? If you have a job that a migrant who speaks Spanish can take from you, I feel sad for you. You're pathetic.

So what, exactly? To my way of thinking, unless you come up with a damn good reason why refugees coming to America (you know, the one with the Statue of Liberty) to better themselves and their families should not be welcomed here with open arms, my only conclusion is that you're a racist.

So go ahead, please. Tell me.


No comments:

Post a Comment