Tuesday, July 4, 2023

Hunter Biden

 Hunter Biden. What is he accused of, exactly? More importantly, what is he guilty of?

First, let's forget about the gun charge. Hunter was a legal gun owner. In his memoir, he admitted to illegal drug use during the time he owned a gun. That is forbidden by law, hence the charge. If no one read his book, a charge would not have been filed. If everyone in America could be identified similarly and their guns taken away, America wouldn't have a gun problem.

Next issue.

Hunter Biden received $1.5 million from his foreign jobs in 2017 and 2018 and not paying the $100k taxes he owed on that income. To be clear, Hunter paid taxes in both years. He did not pay enough taxes. Trump's DOJ persecuted Hunter to find something, anything, that they could use against Joe Biden. Hunter pled guilty to underpaying his taxes. That is a misdemeanor and Hunter was fined.

Was Hunter given preferential treatment?

First, he was investigated by the FBI and IRS while Trump was president. The Department of Justice is part of the executive branch of government. Under Trump's administration. Preferential treatment would be if Hunter was not investigated at all. Hunter was singled out by Trump's DOJ and both persecuted and prosecuted. The judge presiding over Hunter's case in 2023 was a Trump appointee.

When I sold stocks many years ago, there was a discrepancy over what I thought I owed and what the IRS thought I owed, centered around the cost basis of my Exxon-Mobil stock. I was told to file an amended return, which I did. The IRS came back a couple of years later and started garnishing my social security check because they said I still didn't pay enough and owed more taxes and penalties and interest.

I did not go to jail. Am I any different from Hunter Biden? Should Hunter go to prison? Should I have gone to prison? Or should we both similarly take our lumps and pay what the IRS says?

You do NOT go to jail for failure to pay taxes in America. You ONLY go to jail for tax evasion or tax fraud. In the United States there are only two thousand people incarcerated for tax crimes. Fraud and evasion. Not under reporting.

The IRS knows that our tax code can be bewildering. It's difficult enough for those of us who work standard jobs in the US and decide to itemize. Add to that foreign investment dividends and income and it's stupefying even for tax professionals.

Hunter Biden is a talented and accomplished attorney. He earns an estimated $20 million annually and his net worth is around $230 million. If I can make an error in my little piddling Exxon-Mobil stock sale, imagine the complexity in Hunter's portfolio.

Did Hunter use the Biden name? Of course he did. Wouldn't you? Did Trump use the White House to enhance the Trump brand? That's capitalism, folks.

I do not believe Hunter was given preferential treatment at all. If anything, I believe he was singled out by the Trump administration because of who he is, and that his last name is Biden.

Now the fascists have their arm bands in a twist because, after many many years of chasing Hunter, they have come up with basically nothing.


No comments:

Post a Comment