Friday, July 28, 2023

Customer Service

 Typical. From all of my years in the computer biz, one thing that I learned is never to trust big corporations.

I need closed captioning on my TV to watch anything. The sound quality of television has declined over the years and everyone on TV now mumbles. No one enunciates anymore. So I turn on CC.

I have Max. HBO changed it's name, along with everyone else. Facebook is Meta, Twitter is X, and Prince is only a symbol. j

I've been having issues turning on CC. The other day I turned it on and got a different CC than the show I was watching. I was watching an action movie and got the CC for a nature show about rhinos. It was funny for five minutes.

Tonight, nothing. CC would not turn on. So I contacted Max via chat. Jagadeeswari signed on. Jagadeeswari had me update Max, update my Roku TV, and had me create a new profile. A half hour's worth.

Then he wanted me to unplug my TV and plug it back in. I declined. I explained that would involve me crawling under my desk. I told him that was busy work and I would just not renew Max and buy Netflix.

Then Jagadeeswari checked for known issues. Ah yes, it is a problem and their system engineers are working to resolve it.

Shouldn't you have checked that first, I asked?

So I cancelled Max. I wasn't thrilled with it anyway. I always had a hard time finding things to watch, and what's featured is bad.

Max should change it's name again to Min.


No comments:

Post a Comment