Thursday, February 25, 2021

I'm Ornery

was taught a valuable lesson as a young guy many years ago. Remember the Golden Rule. Those with the gold rule.

In this case, the gold is your book, not your agent. There is only this one book, written by you. But there are hundreds of editors and publishers. You can now even self-publish, as I do, and bypass that whole nasty mess.
I am an ornery cuss. I don't play well with others. I wrote my book the way I did for a reason, and I don't want an editor telling me to change it. So what do I need an editor for? I don't. And I suspect in this age of self-publishing, more and more writers feel the same way.
I went your route with the first book I wrote. It was good, I thought. Very good. Editors shot me down, one by one. But I had the last laugh. i self-published it, and in its first month, it was on Amazon's best seller list. 

No comments:

Post a Comment