Friday, February 19, 2021

Cold Meals in the Home

 12:45 PM. Lunch arrived. It was cold, but I was hungry, so I pushed my button. To her credit, the aide showed up right away.


"What do you need?" She asked.

"My lunch is cold," I said nicelygggggggggggggggggggggggggggwhile pointing to my hamburger so there was no confusion. "Would you heat it up?"
"Give me two minutes," she said as she walked out of the room.
Then another aide walked in and took all of my unused hangers from my closet.
"I'm out," he said as he left. He was doing laundry.
"I bought those," i said. To add insult to injury, no aide has picked up my laundry in a week.
He chuckled as he left.
1:10 PM. No aide came to reheat my lunch. Well, they're busy.
1:25. An aide came in and took my untouched food tray, along with my coffee.
1:30. A new aide brought me coffee.
"I love you," I said as she was leaving.
"I love you!" I said.
No lunch, but I got a lukewarm coffee. Life is good. But if dinner sucks, I'm ordering out.
1:45. I rang for an aide to get my customary second cup of coffee. This should be good.
1:55. The aide came in and asked what I want. A cup of coffee, I said. Sorry, we're out, she said. You waited too long.

No comments:

Post a Comment