Thursday, April 30, 2020

The Stimulus Check

I had chosen a Samsung 49" TV that I tossed in my Amazon cart for safe keeping while I waited for my stimulus check.  

$1,200 of it, for me and most of you to spend to get the economy rolling again.  I had a patriotic calling here.  Spend it, don't bank it.  Get the economy moving.

The Samsung QN49Q60RAFXZA Flat 49-Inch QLED 4K Q60 Series Ultra HD Smart TV with HDR and Alexa Compatibility would be it, I decided.

When I put it in my Amazon cart, it was $575. Then it zoomed to $700 days later.  I just checked and it is now $850.

That would be a big negatory. 

Even the Sony X800H 43 Inch TV: 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV with HDR and Alexa Compatibility - 2020 Model that I had saved was now $600. I can't remember what it was, but nowhere near that price, I'm sure.

My response to that is also nuh-uh.

I could settle and buy a Samsung UN49RU8000FXZA Flat 49-Inch 4K 8 Series Ultra HD Smart TV with HDR and Alexa Compatibility (2019 Model), which does not have QLD for $475 on Amazon, $650 to $800 everywhere else. 

I suppose I could go for an off-brand, like a TCL 49" for $250. The 55" is only $350. Since I don't watch much TV, how bad can it be?  If I don't turn it on, does it matter how good it is?  No.  No, not a whole lot.

So that's what I did. I ordered the TCL 55" Class 5-Series 4K UHD Dolby VISION HDR Roku Smart TV - 55S525 and I'll hope for the best. There was even an Amazon promotion of $15 off.

That's it. I have no idea how I would spend another stimulus check if I got one. I am stimulused out.

3 comments:

  1. I had a $60 printer in my cart since October. Finally decided I "really" need it, now.

    $385

    all boats from China halted, is my guess...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. BTW, even Sony, a Japanese company, was outsourcing to China. I read an article yesterday, where Japan is pulling all manufacturing back "home."

    ReplyDelete