Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Happy Hour

I've been sheltering-in-place.  Staying inside, not going out.  When I have to empty the garbage or something, I wear a mask.

I live alone.  I don't have a television and see little need for one.  I have many books, but right now I won't read them because I'm in the middle of my eighth book.  If I read Hemingway, I'd start writing like Hemingway.  If I read Bryson, I'd start writing like Bryson.


Hmmmm… that would probably be a good thing.... no.  I have my own style, as odd as it is.

But living alone, I'm afraid I might go a little nutty.  OK.  Nuttier.  So I open my curtains so I can see outside.  I get up around the same time everyday, have my coffee, eat lunch, etc.  Dinner is hit or miss.

But one thing I look forward to is happy hour.  Between 3 and 4 o'clock, I get out my pre-cut cheese and put five slices on a plate.  Then I count out five Triscuits.  That's happy hour.


~sigh~.

Well, hopefully May 15th will roll around and Governor Cuomo will declare victory and open everything up again.  At least McGreivy's in the village of Waterford, so I will have an incentive to get out walking again.  Before this pandemic, in walking I was making great strides HAHAHAHAHAHA.  

Sorry.

Nuttier.

No comments:

Post a Comment