Monday, May 18, 2020

Jerome

Most residents of a small Georgia town I lived in briefly know Jerome. He lives on a moored Catalina 22 just outside of the marina.  Jerome loves to plant flowers.  Wildflowers.  He planted them everywhere.  Alongside roads, in a median, anywhere and everywhere.

Sammy was travelling down a road in this town and there was Jerome on a bulldozer. He somehow got his hands on it and he was bulldozing a place to plant flowers. Sammy stopped him.

"Jerome? Is this your land?" asked Sammy.

"No," said Jerome. "Is it yours?"

Sammy just laughed and said "Well, Jerome, I have to admit, you've got me there."

Sammy went on his way and Jerome kept bulldozing.

Now, I know southerners like to tell tales and all... but I just have a hunch that there is some basis in truth here. Or maybe, Sammy just got a yankee real good.

No comments:

Post a Comment