Sunday, May 10, 2020

Being a Dinosaur

OK, I admit it. I was wrong, and I feel like a dinosaur.
The last TV I bought was a 40" LCD back in 2008. I thought it was the cat's ass.
I stopped watching much TV when Pamela and I cruised down the coast. No point, really. TV reception was spotty, and we only used the TV for movies.
Fast forward to 2020. I just bought a TCL 55" 4k insert-a-bunch-of-numbers-and-letters-here. All I can say is holy crap.
Now, in my little apartment, I sit maybe 8' away from the screen. The colors and resolution are beyond belief. I can stick my nose right up to the screen and it's like looking someone in the face. Every crease and wrinkle is right there.
So until the novelty wears off, I'm exploring. I watched the movie "Extinction", CNN Go, ABC News, and a Nat Geo special on Hitler's V2 rocket program. All without an antenna or cable. Just the internet. This is the bomb.
I should have done this long ago.
Now I really feel like an old man.
"In my day, we had a 25" console TV with round edges. It was black and white and got two channels, and we were happy we had it!"

No comments:

Post a Comment