Wednesday, May 20, 2020

Getting Paid



I "got paid" today, which means I received my monthly social security check for those of you who are retirement impaired.

So I ordered my staples for the month. Staples, for me, consists of a 2 lb. bag of coffee beans, a bunch of yogurt, and a whole lotta rice. I buy from Instacart because they deliver.

Instacart always tells me how much time I've saved shopping by using them. 65 hours as of today. If I'd saved 6.5 minutes, I would have grabbed it. I hate to shop. For anything.

What's sad is that, as a kid in the 1950s, I would go with my mom every Wednesday to buy groceries at the Central Market. Wednesdays were double S&H Green Stamps day. She would spend $25 to $35 for a shopping cart full of food. I just spent $200+ for rice and yogurt.

Yes, 20% of that $200 is a tip for the Instacart shopper. But I saved 6.5 minutes.  And to me, that is worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment