Saturday, December 26, 2020

Hospital Meals

 I make no bones about my issues with food here in "the home".  They always seem to look good.  They always seem to be cold.

Now, cold breakfast eggs and sausage is forgivable occasionally, but every time?  This morning's breakfast of coffee cake and sausage was cold.  See the bowl of cereal?  No milk.  My breakfast, once again, is coffee.

I refuse to eat cold "hot food".  In my first twelve days here, I lost thirteen pounds.  I dropped from 165 when I arrived to 135.  I put on a few pounds and got to 155, but I am less than that now.

Some of my so called Facebook friends say I'm too picky.  Well, you try it.  Make scrambled eggs and sausage, and coffee.  Let it sit for a couple of hours.  Try eating it and get back to me.

At $9,400 per patient per month, you would think this hospital would have an adequately staffed kitchen with warming trays or lights. 

Out of all of the facilities I've been in over the past couple of years, this is the only one with a hot food problem.  You would think that a health related facility would be concerned about keeping food hot.

I try to make up for it by ordering dried fruit and health bars from the local grocery store.  But this is a ten foot high pile of stinking monkey crap.

2 comments:

  1. At the price for a room to you, should you not SPEAK up to defend yourself? Myself? I'd raise the roof! or a lot of hell! Pardon my 'french;

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi buddy,

    I really like your post and i appreciate your work regarding this article. This article is so helpful for me and must say you did great work.

    Wellness Retreats in Costa Rica

    ReplyDelete