Wednesday, May 24, 2023

Kickin' This Can Down The Road

 At the urging of my hordes of fans (hi Dave!) I am restarting my old blog "Observatatin'".


My first blog, about rebuilding an old trawler and cruising down the east coast ( https://trawlerdriftaway.blogspot.com ) continues getting page view and is now a tad over 940,000. People were awestruck by my foolhardiness and foolishness and looked for its daily entries.

My second blog was about building an off grid small home in the foothills of the Adirondack Mountains of upstate New York ( https://bleeckermountainlife.blogspot.com ) was cut short by a tree-head accident. Although peppered with stories of living with Sasquatch all around us, that blog did not amaze as much as the former blog, it is still cruising at 277,000 hits.

Between the two, page views are heading to the one million territory. My goat is to hit that mark, so I am dusting off Observatatin'.

This blog will not be updated daily. Not even close. I will write a new post as humor and/or political urgency demands. The humorous side is usually about the stupid things I do, as my ex'es Jahnn and Pamela will attest to. But since there is not much funny about living in an old folks home, it will most likely be my singular and usually unique takes on politics as only a grumpy old man can do.

I am not really a Democrat. But I am certainly NOT a Republican. I best describe myself as an Eisenhower Republican. You young folks (and the majority of older Americans) have no idea what that is.

So please join me on this internet cruise to one million page views and beyond. If it helps, envision me as a curmudgeonly wrinkled old codger rocking on his porch and yelling at Biden, Trump, and DeSantis to get off my lawn.

No comments:

Post a Comment